Monday, February 14, 2011

Lady Bug Mug Rug

This is the 2nd mug rug, also completed at 2am. The picture is not nearly as nice as the real thing. I did a 'quilt as you go' method, trying to do a somewhat wonky strip. Then I used broderie perse applique to put the ladies on. Finally, I did my 2-fabric binding; so be sure to look at the back too:
Here is a better picture showing the 2-fabric binding:

Well, there you go. Another swap completed successfully. Now I just need to make a run to Starbucks and the post office...

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Monica ... that's pretty cool binding :) I've always wondered about doing binding like that but haven't tried. I really like how it looks on your mug rug. Great job!!

Christine said...

HI MO-NI-CAAAAAAA..she's says with a broad smile.

I LURV your blocks/rugs...and can't wait til you get mine!! and all the other goodies!!!! be careful opening it.

I'm being bold here by letting you know who I am...but you'll know pretty soon, anyway.

I really like the double colored binding..how do you do that? and since we both do the work-on-projects-at-2am thing, how long did these rugs take you? it seemed mine took forever.....with all that hand needlework.

luv ya!