Wednesday, May 19, 2010

BOM'n the sewing room


This is a picture of a block of the month quilt called 'Civil War Tribute' done by Homestead Hearth for Marcus Fabrics. I have been helping B and B quilting with the shop sample on this, and boy, oh boy is it something. I did the toughest blocks first (which is the norm for me). I figure that if I can get through the tough ones, the rest of them will be a breeze...and I was right. these other blocks that only have 50 pieces are much easier than the ones that have 99. I don't know where my brain was when I decided to sign up for the BOM. That means that I will be making many of these blocks twice! (or I could stick them in the box and pull them out after I have completely lost my mind...it will be new and exciting in 20 years!)

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

If anyone could do this it's you, Monica. And it will be beautiful!!

Jackie's Stitches said...

Wowzer! 99 pieces in one block?! Unless they finish at 3 feet square, I'd be in trouble! :)