Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Finished With That One


While I was A.W.O.L. from my blog a while ago, I did finish that quilt with the churn dash for a friends little boy. It does not have intricate quilting, but I figured that it was going to get drug around, so as long as it holds together, no use putting hand quilted feathers in it or anything. The cute thing that I did, was a while before their baby was born, I asked the dad if he had any old plaid shirts that I could use for 'a project' that I was working on. His shirt ended up being the fussy-cut cornerstones in the quilt. I put an awesome label on the back and named it '...and One of Daddy's Shirts".
I will have to post some of the other things that I have gotten done in the last few months. Talk to you all tomorrow.

1 comment:

Doris said...

What an awesome idea! I wish we had saved some of Dad's shirst when he passed, he was sort of characterized by his plaid shirts. This is such a treasue for a baby boy. LOVE IT!